Reader in Me
The W.R.O.T.E. Foundation mission is to develop the necessary tools to increase academic performance, leadership and lifelong learning. We have created a new program called “The Reader in Me”. This program is a reading initiative to provide a non-judgmental atmosphere in which kids can engage and learn not just to read, but to love reading as well. W.R.O.T.E is seeking out reading buddies/volunteers who are 18 or older to participate in our mission & help children in our program become better readers.
Reading Buddies would be responsible for the following:
- Give 45 minutes to 1 hour at least one day a week to be read alongside children.
- Work with children in a group setting to accomplish the Daily 5:
- Allow silent reading
- Listen to children read
- Address difficult words & meaning,
- Check for comprehension by asking questions
- Work with the instructor to provide a brief game or activity on the material being read (provided)
The Reader in Me will also invite special furry friends every Friday, so that children can read aloud to them. These along with the reading buddy system will add a new excitement to learning and reading. We NEED you partnership to make this happen. This is a great volunteer opportunity, if you’re passionate about early literacy and power of books and reading. Come join us in this effort! You can fill out the form before or email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 270-467-7142. We look forward to hearing from you!
Comments or questions are welcome.