THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW
As a perspective Resident of the Housing Authority of Bowling Green, below is a list of things that you need to know prior to leasing your apartment.
We have 598 public housing units in four locations in the Bowling Green area. We do not have anything in the county area. The locations of our units are:
- Sumitt View – located in front of the Housing Authority office on Double Springs Road. It is near Sugar Maple Square Shopping Center.
- Gordon Avenue – located close to the office. It is on Gordon Avenue and is also close to Sugar Maple Square Shopping Center.
- Angora Court –located off of Barren River Road. You can also get to it by the way of Crewsdon Lane.
- Bryant Way – located off of Scottsville Road. It is located near Lover’s Lane, Greenwood Mall, and many fast food restaurants.
- Phenix Place – located off Old Morgantown Road.
The Housing Authority furnishes your water, sewer, and trash collection. You are responsible for your electric and gas. Bowling Green Municipal (BGMU) is located at 801 Center Street. ATMOS Energy is no longer in Bowling Green. It will be necessary for you to call 888-954-4321. We can not lease to you until you can show proof that you have these utilities turned on in your name. We require receipts or if you are transferring, a letter showing that you are transferring.
There is a security deposit of $200.00 payable to the Housing Authority at the time of leasing. We DO NOT ACCEPT partial payments. This must be paid in full.
There is a total of $400.00 deposit/pet fee on all pets; $250.00 is for the security deposit and $150.00 is the fee. The amount must be paid in full before bringing your pet on to HABG’s property. Elderly or disabled pet deposit is $50.00.
Your rent is base upon 30% of the adjusted gross income. Each household receives a utility allowance which is deducted from your rent.